the maestro's view of the world

rambling commentary about living in a college town, enjoying culinary delights, surviving in a red state, and traveling to wonderful places

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Carlos says I am a true yucatecan

so I´ll accept that. Carlos and I went to lunch today at La Pigua, and we had a great time. He retired last year from his job as coordinator of foreign languages at UADY, so he is now tutoring students at home and spending more time with his family. We started with a relleno de cazon which is a shark-meat stuffed roll and it had a really nice sauce on it. I had the camarones con vino blanco and I am always happy to eat shrimp in the Yucatan. One of the men eating in the restaurant came over to say hello, he went to high school with Carlos and he is now a VP of a capital investment group in Miami so we chatted for a while.

Last night I at at the Restaurant Amaro, which is one of my usual spots for meals. I had gazpacho and chilaquiles de pollo and a jamaica to drink. I had actually forgotten all about the jamaica (hibiscus tea) and I really like it. They also had a musician singing trova music.

Tonight I am going to the airport with Carlos to meet the students and Allan and Mark and we have orientation at 9 am tomorrow. Our first field trip will be Friday through Sunday! Carlos loves my enthusiasm for food in Merida and says I am a true yucatecan. that is quite a compliment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home