the maestro's view of the world

rambling commentary about living in a college town, enjoying culinary delights, surviving in a red state, and traveling to wonderful places

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Buenas tardes from Merida!

I have arrived safely and am checked into the Caribe. They were excited to see me! I decided to hang out in the room rather than brave the really HOT heat and so now I am out and about town. I´m having lunch with Carlos tomorrow and the students and Mark and Allan arrive tomorrow. The only drama was that they didn´t have the customs or immigration forms on the plane so all of us went down to the immigration desk and they sent us back to the plane to get them, but they didn´t have them...anyway, I am legally in Yucatan.

I forgot a few great things about the TV: shows like constant soccer matches (currently Uruguay v. Peru), the commercials will say COME BIEN in lettering across random commercials, they like the Gilmore Girls here and are apparently showing season 7 and this week´s episode is the one where they have the knit-a-thon, I saw Bob Esponja (kara´s buddy), and an ad for Mexican wrestling in the masks.

I am trying to adjust to the Latin mealtimes so I am hanging out until it gets later to eat dinner. I am thinking gazpacho but you never know what might strike my fancy! Most of the central square is the same, so far. I´ll be exploring more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home