the maestro's view of the world

rambling commentary about living in a college town, enjoying culinary delights, surviving in a red state, and traveling to wonderful places

Thursday, March 01, 2007

desert safari!

I am in Al Ain tonight where we visited the United Arab Emirates University, which is quite conservative. We also went to the Dubai's Men's College yesterday. I have more to tell you about both but I have only a few minutes on this internet usage so I am trying to be quick.

We went on a Desert Safari and rode in 4X4's and went dune bashing, which means deflating the tires and then riding up and down in a crazy way all over the sand dunes. Then we arrived at this spot in the desert where they had Arabian food, henna tattoos, camel rides, smoking the shisha (I have to look up the spelling for that), and a belly dancer. Touristy? It was a blast! I would totally recommend it for those going to this part of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home