the maestro's view of the world

rambling commentary about living in a college town, enjoying culinary delights, surviving in a red state, and traveling to wonderful places

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Charles de Gaulle airport

I don't have much battery left so I am going to try to write something up quickly. I didn't get much sleep on the plane but I did see three movies in a row--A Good Year with Russell Crowe (I never even heard of it), Marie Antoinette (and I liked it, it's a Sofia Coppola movie and I like her stuff and silly costumes and such), and Man of the Year which was kind of stupid. I am now trying to stay awake as it is 11:45 am here but it's really like I stayed up all night. I am drinking a Coca-Cola Light that you can get everywhere but the U.S. and there are a ton of duty-free shops in this terminal. Hermes, Burberry, a fancy food store with cheese and fois gras and truffles and smoked salmon and stuff I want but don't want to drag to Dubai to create an international incident, and more. I read the International Tribune today and still the U.S. looks stupid. Britney's shaved head is on both of the international daily tabloids. That's my report, I should be getting to Dubai as planned. I hope to sleep on the flight!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I recommend the new John Grisham, "An Innocent Man". It is trash, but entertaining and will hold your attention. I read it in Miami. Pick up a copy for your flights home.

     
  • At 3:17 AM, Blogger maestro said…

    thank you for the recommendation! I finished my Michael Connolly book too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home