the maestro's view of the world

rambling commentary about living in a college town, enjoying culinary delights, surviving in a red state, and traveling to wonderful places

Saturday, March 03, 2007

put your old Target brand wallets away...

because apparently Dubai is well-known for its excellent shopping with knock-off brands like Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and more for purses, wallets, shoes...and for its Persian Rugs...and its pashminas...and even more. There is an annual shopping exhibition called Global Village that would be totally absurd. Today I saw these huge banners on the street showing a happy UAE family that said "Celebrate your togetherness. Celebrate shopping!" I want to come back next year for the Global Village! Start saving now!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger MJ said…

    Now we're talking!

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger ATLiens123 said…

    This is such a disgusting perversion of capitalism.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger ATLiens123 said…

    BTW - can you hook me up with a Coach wallet?

     
  • At 5:46 AM, Blogger maestro said…

    greedy greedy! I bought myself a Prada wallet. I am now fancy. Of course I am hoarding it for a later time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home