the maestro's view of the world

rambling commentary about living in a college town, enjoying culinary delights, surviving in a red state, and traveling to wonderful places

Thursday, March 15, 2007

a few good meals in DC

I was quite busy in my trip to DC this week, making three visits over three days to verious entities on Capitol Hill. The food, you ask? of course that's what I can tell you about. I ate dinner one evening at Tenpenh Restaurant, where I ate Filipino Lumpia Style Pork and Shrimp Spring Rolls, Spicy Tuna Tempura Roll, Nori Glazed Tuna Pickled Ginger-Cucumber Risotto, Wasabi Pepper Sauce. I ate at the The Palm, where I had some lamb chops. I also ate at Johnny's Half Shell, where I had some raw oysters, fried oyters, and barbecued shrimp on asiago cheese grits. I also ate at Old Ebbitt Grill, where I ate raw oysters and the Raechel Ray-recommended fried trout parmesan.

But, of course, in my tribute to my fellow lobsta-lova Jill, I insisted on going to Legal Sea Food and had not only the fried whole-bellied clams appetizer, I also had the Lobster Bake which includes a cup of clam chowder, steamed clams and mussels, and a steamed Lobster. The sangria was pretty good too! The waiter asked me if I would like to have them disassemble the lobster for me. Of course I refused. NASPA is in Boston next year, hooray for cold-water lobsters! I'll post a photo of me and my dinner when I return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home