the maestro's view of the world

rambling commentary about living in a college town, enjoying culinary delights, surviving in a red state, and traveling to wonderful places

Friday, August 11, 2006

traveling during a high threat level with children...thank god it´s not my problem

Jason reported that the travels yesterday from Merida to Miami, Miami to Atlanta, and so on were terrible. Delays everywhere, can´t carry lipstick or compacts (not that Jason had those). Antonio had to throw out his hair gel.

BUT I have to go ahead and say, at least I am not Lynn flying back from London with her husband and two children (10 and 7 years old or so). Here is her report:
¨
Well, actually, I'd rather not get killed, especially
on a hijacked airplane. But lookie what I get to
bring on the 7 hour flight which shows 1!! movie with
my school-age children:

"Carry-on baggage must be limited to accessible
property in a single transparent sealable plastic bag.
Only one bag per passenger will be allowed beyond the
security checkpoint or onboard the aircraft. Contents
of the bag may only include:

Pocket size wallets and pocket size purses—not
handbags—plus contents (for example money, credit
cards, identity cards).
Travel documents essential for the journey (for
example passports and travel tickets).
Prescription medicines and medical items sufficient
and essential for the flight (such as diabetic kit)
except in liquid form unless verified as authentic.
Spectacles and sunglasses without cases and contact
lens holders without bottles of solution.
Female sanitary items sufficient and essential for the
flight, if unboxed (such as tampons, pads, towels and
wipes).
Tissues (unboxed) and/or handkerchiefs.
Keys, but no electrical key fobs (remote control door
openers).

I am sure the kids will enjoy playing with my tampons.
I will be downing the prescription medicine within
the first 10 minutes.

Oh, and we have to check in 3 hours before the 10:30
am flight, so we'll need to leave Kevin's father's
house at 5:30 am, which will mean we need to get up at
4:30 am. Cuz I didn't need that extra hour of sleep.

I can understand no electronics, but NO BOOKS!!!! Have
these people gone insane????? And no food. Because
you know my kids just wolf down airline food.

OMG!!!

I will have a twitch when you see me Monday. If I'm
lucky and not in the slammer or the loony bin.

OK, I will be glad to survive it and not die at the
hand of a terrorist, but...

2 Comments:

  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger ScottMDPhD said…

    Poor Lynn. She should get them ipods with sesame street, if that's even allowed.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger persona non grata said…

    I seriously can't believe the crap they come up with all in the name of homeland "security."

    ~Diane

     

Post a Comment

<< Home