the maestro's view of the world

rambling commentary about living in a college town, enjoying culinary delights, surviving in a red state, and traveling to wonderful places

Monday, August 07, 2006

television, my friend

as you all know, I am a fan of the mindless hum of a television set and the drivel it produces. In case you were wondering, I have been able to catch up with a lot of reruns of stuff that I never would watch in the US, but because it's in English, I watch it with the subtitles to improve my Spanish. Right now I am in the middle of the 12th season of ER, which I had stopped watching years ago. I am a few episodes into the 2nd season of the L Word so now I will have to finish them at home on Netflix. CNN en espanol is actually quite good and informative. It also makes the US look even more bumbling.

But of most importance is the Gilmore Girls saga! I started watching it last summer while here...then borrowed the first few seasons from Fran (yes I am outing you as a GG fan) and am all the way through Season 5 disc 4 when I left for Merida. (Those city budget hearings got in the way of my rerun watching.) Anyway...there are episodes on from early in season 5 on here, but more problematic is that they are showing some season 6 episodes and of course I cannot look away! oh no! when did Lorelai and Luke get engaged...why are Rory and Lorelai fighting...what is up with Lane and Zach! oh boy. Netflix must save me when I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home