the maestro's view of the world

rambling commentary about living in a college town, enjoying culinary delights, surviving in a red state, and traveling to wonderful places

Monday, August 07, 2006

some bad news about a former student

So usually I don't share bad news on my blog but I received word today about a former student of mine, Jennifer, who is suffering from leukemia. She married one of my former orientation leaders, Jeremy, and they were off in DC together starting their lives, he in graduate school and she was working in student affairs. Apparently the end is quite near despite all hopes. You can read more about her at the blog that her husband started. Click on updates to follow the saga through. I hope for a miraculous recovery.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger SpillToJill said…

    I am one of Jen's friends and helped to make her website. I noticed you checked her out. Just thought I would say hi. I am going to Baltimore tomorrw (wednesday)....to see her.

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger maestro said…

    thanks so much for posting on my blog...I want to do what I can to be supportive. please pass along my good wishes. I am also going to donate to the Leukemia society when I return to the states on her behalf. It isnĀ“t much, unfortunately.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home