the maestro's view of the world

rambling commentary about living in a college town, enjoying culinary delights, surviving in a red state, and traveling to wonderful places

Friday, August 11, 2006

hasta luego, Merida

Today is my last day in Merida and I am finishing up my book chapters and shopping.
I think the Cupoli children benefitted the most from my travels. The gifts are quite scarce this year, folks, so you better let me know today if there is something you are dreaming of in Merida.

Last night I got a tatuje temporale from a guy who painted henna on my ankle with a toothpick and he used a bottle cap to mix the henna. I did not have to sign anything prohibiting this, but next year we´ll add the I WILL NOT TRY TO GO TO VISIT CUBA WHILE I AM MERIDA to the student rules.

I know that the staff at the Hotel Caribe was dying to find out if Jason was indeed my novio or not. Sure enough, he left yesterday morning and I came back to the Caribe in the afternoon after working at the internet cafe and they were like ¨so...you´re alone now, where´s your novio?¨so I got to tell them that Jason is an amigo, not novio. The intrigue always continues at the Caribe.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home